Monday, October 15, 2007

Back in Dalian. STOP. Embroiled in Conspiracy. STOP.

Hey everyone, I know its been a while. Hope we didn't lose anyone over the past two weeks, because we have some cool stuff coming up in the next few days on this blog.

Corey and I just got back from another whirlwind vacation where we hit Hong Kong, Macau, Yangshuo, Ping An (Rice Terraces), and Shanghai. It was really quite something and considering how long it was, the best possible way to cover it for this blog will probably be to break it up over the next three or four days. So keep coming back for a non stop thrill ride of traveling adventures.

That will all start up sometime tomorrow, but until then, I have a strange enough story to share to tide you over.

I got back to teaching this weekend and had my students doing a role play about something they planned hard for that wound up going very wrong. I got the usual role plays about tests studied for but ultimately failed, but I also got a really odd one where one student was enlisted to assassinate the President of the United States, but when (I'd assume) Bush got off the plane, he realized he had no bullets. Jumping in front of the president with an unloaded gun, he left himself wide open, so the President (who of course was packing heat), whipped out his gun and pumped him full of holes.

A plan gone horribly wrong indeed.

If this was an isolated incident, I would have written it off as simple strange Chinese imagination, but on Sunday, another student made a reference to assassinating the US president. He got some looks from his classmates and quickly added that it could be the president of Afghanistan also.

Odd.

So I may have caught wind of some strange conspiracy, or my kids could be getting even more deranged. But either way, if someone tries to whack President Bush... I'd start looking Far East for answers. The kids seem to know something.

Anyways, check back tomorrow for the first of the trip posts where I yammer on about Hong Kong, Macau and all the fun of the Chinese Special Administrative Region.

over and out,
Shawn

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's hilarious... definitely don't look towards Korea. My kids don't even know who Bush is, much less find America on a map. I wish I were kidding...

Shawn said...

Hahaha. I have to wonder if not knowing who Bush is isn't for the best though.

Our kids LOVE America here though (although maybe not so much Bush as seen here)

Strangely enough though, some have no idea what a clown is.