Monday, November 12, 2007

11/11

Just a quick note here. This one is especially for everyone who bemoans Valentine's Day back home as being unfair to all the singles left alone. Well, China has the answer for you: Singles' Day!

Chosen to take place on November Eleventh due to the high concentration of ones in the date, I am told this is a day where the single men and women are celebrated... with drink specials at Chinese clubs and bars.

Happy Singles Day to all you lonely hearts out there,
Shawn

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hilarious. Korea has singles day, but its in the spring, or so I hear. I think they call it White Day or something? I dunno, i'll investigate. BUT they do use 11/11 as its own holiday too, but its dedicated to one type/brand of candy:

http://adventuresofanexpat.blogspot.com/2007/11/happy-pepero-day.html

Shawn said...

Excellent cross promotion, and I gotta say, that's pretty funny. And of course, celebrating candy is way better than wallowing in misery (or drinking your way out of it)

Unknown said...

ha, ya like how I did that? Feel free to do the same... ;)

Shawn said...

Heh, I would if I could post on your blog. The lengths to which I go through to post on my own is completely ridiculous.

Just to view yours requires some... extra work.