Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Beer Festival Closure... Sort Of

Last afternoon, I got a strange phone call from Tommy telling me all about the Beer Festival incident I detailed about two posts ago. It was strange because he was telling it to me as if I didn't know what happened. Also odd was the fact that I never told my boss what had happened at the Festival. After some prodding, I found out that people from Budweiser were at the school wanting to apologize to me for what had happened. I was a little surprised to say the least, but Tommy informed me that they wanted to apologize to me in person, and I told him that I'd be at school for class the next day (which you'd think he would know being the one who just gave me my new class that started today). Before I hung up, he mentioned that they had brought beer.

I had thought a free t-shirt, hoped for a key-chain, but never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be free BEER.

I waited at school the next day and was surprised by who showed up. Turns out, it was the actual waitress from the first night's incident!

Getting a better look at her, I realized that she was not in fact the same waitress as the second encounters antagonist, but regardless, I was pretty surprised that they had sent her. She apologized as I watched her coworker bring the beers up the stairs. After she had finished apologizing came the tacked on "explanations" as to her behavior. Insisting that Corey verbally assaulted her first (lies), and that Aaron was just very drunk which is why he was so hard to deal with (lies - he was stone cold sober, and hadn't had a drink all night). Against my fighting instincts, I just ignored her babbling and didn't say anything. I wanted her gone and out of my school before I got annoyed enough to say something.

She had me sign a paper that said I accept the Beer peace offering, and as I was signing, she whipped out her camera for what I'd assume would be proof that I accepted. I of course saw a golden opportunity and grabbed mine as well, insisting on a picture as soon as she asked if she could take one with me. She tried to weasel out of it, but I wasn't going to let her slide on this one. She wants to snap photos of me for unspecified reasons? I want one also.



There was one small problem though that I didn't mention earlier. The beer they brought? It wasn't even regular good 'ol fashioned Bud. It was Bud Ultra. The sissy's brew. And two cases of it no less. What am I supposed to do with 24 Bud Ultras?



Maybe I'll have to complain again.

One last funny annecdote before I finish here, on their way out, I was informed by the Budweiser entourage that the guy they had carrying the cases of beer up the stairs was planning on taking classes at our school soon.

Just in case he winds up in one of my classes, I'm gonna save a Bud Ultra for him.
- Shawn

1 comment:

Marty Abraham said...

So TIC ...
This is the best of all...