Monday, August 27, 2007

End of the First Semester

Wow. Here we are at the end of our first semester. Six months into our China... I wanted to say trip there, but clearly this is a bit more than a trip.

The past six months have been some of the most interesting, fascinating, fun, dirty, head-scratching, hilarious, difficult, bizarre and all around adjective filled months of my life. And I wouldn't trade them for anything. I've got high hopes that the next six months should provide more of the same insanity and I'm looking forward to it.

The work I've been doing at school has been some of the most fun and fulfilling work I've done, and it's been great watching the kids (slightly) improve their English. I should reemphasize slightly. But still, I get how hard it is for kids this young to master a language so difficult to their own, so I appreciate even the subtle improvements.

The job hasn't been problem free, but for various reasons I won't go into detail about the down side at this moment. Suffice to say the good outweighs the bad, and I'm looking forward to the start of next semester come September 8th.

Until then, I have a few End of Semester blog things planned, the first of which is a repeat of the activating activity I had during the semester midterm postings. I'm opening up the comments section (not that they aren't always open, it's just that I so rarely get people writing in there) for any questions, comments, concerns, suggestions, grammar corrections and job offers people would like to bestow on Corey and I. We promise to respond to them as soon as possible.

My next post will actually be something suggested last time I did this: Our First Semester Chinglish Awards. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you're in for a treat.

I'm going to stop here by going back to the part where I talk about school, because I'm going to leave you with some pictures of Corey and I with our classes.

Catch you in the comments section,
Shawn







1 comment:

Jonah said...

Well, I was going to offer some classy comments on grammar, but then I saw the following listed in my little sister's Columbia dorm while moving her in:

"Must Do's while in NYC":

"- See a Met's or Yankee's game"

Looking forward to the Chinglish. Be easy.