Friday, June 29, 2007

Ha Ha Huh? (Chinese Jokes and Games)

President Bush, President Putin, and President Hu are hunting in a dark forest. Suddenly, they are jumped by a pack of evil wolves. The wolves threaten to eat/kill/do unpleasant things to them, but the world leaders are ready to offer whatever they have on themselves to get away. Bush reaches into his pocket and pulls out an incredible sum of cash. He tells the wolves that if they let him go, he will give them them the money. The wolves take the cash, and President Bush runs to freedom. President Putin goes digging through his pockets. All he can come up with is a brochure filled with beautiful girls, but he offers them to the wolves in marriage if they let him go. They accept, and Putin is freed. President Hu nervously seaches what he has on him. He says "I'm sorry, but all I have here are my communist party papers." The wolves stare for a minute, and then bow down to him. Then they thank him. "Thank you sir for giving us direction in life."

Ha.

Ha.

Huh?

The above ummm... joke... is paraphrased from my C13 English class last weekend. We were discussing jokes and humor, and I figured this one should be shared with the blog reading audience. You deserve it, you really do.

On an only somewhat related note, in another class from last weekend, I was playing Tic Tac Toe as a review game (they get a question right, they get to mark a space... I don't waste time THAT badly that we play tic tac toe in the middle of class, I swear!) I drew the board on the floor, and as if they never saw the game before, the class went crazy. Word on the street is that the Tic Tac Toe board is remarkably similar to the character "Jing", which is the Chinese word for "Well" (the water/drinking kind of well).



Hey, it was fascinating enough to disrupt my class, it's surely fascinating enough for this blog, right?

Figured this was sort of related to the jokey, fun and games type theme of this post, so I figured I'd share these two non sequiturs together.


The more you know...
- Shawn

1 comment:

John Gaetjens said...

it would have been better if # was the Chinese word for "dong."