Sunday, September 16, 2007

Yes, We've Eaten Dog

The headline really says it all. I could probably leave it right here and let you imagine the rest, but where would the fun be in that. So here we go, I now present you with your main course tonight: Stir Fried Dog.



And you know what, I know there are a bunch of you out there giving your computer monitors strange and dirty looks... whether your poor desktop deserves them is up to debate, but come on... when in Rome...

The meat was heavily seasoned, to the point were it would be difficult to say "It tasted like Chicken." If anything, it had more of a Mutton-y taste I guess. The consistency was the real killer. Overly gamey, stringy, and way too fatty. They could have definitely taken Rover for a few more walks it would seem.

It's still sort of weird to think of I guess. But it really had to happen. Korean designed, Chinese approved "gourmet"... dog. Can't really put an "mmmmmm" here, but you get the point.

and that's that,
- Shawn

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm actually surprised no one has commented on this. I still haven't 100% decided on it. I mean, there's a few specific dog places here obviously, but its a practice that most koreans actually don't take part in anymore. My dog might disown me if i were to do it though,

Shawn said...

I gotta say that I'm surprised as well. It's controversial, it's delicious, it's your best friend, it's dog. But what can ya do?

I'd suggest giving it a go. Where else will you get the chance. And I promise not to tell your dog.