Sunday, April 1, 2007

A Hilarious Abuse of Power

Can't believe I forgot to write about this one... I mean, it was the same class that the previous post was about.

See here in China, it's April Fools Day. I mean, not all the Chinese know it... but uhhh... close enough.

Kids that come to our school come on the weekends, and during their free time during the week. We are the closest thing many of them have to a "break".

Louis, my Chinese Teacher for my level C7 class and I decided to pull a small tiny trick on the kids. We walked in, and told them there was no class. Louis said he had to go, and I told him I'll catch up with him after I give the class their homework for next week. I piled on a lot of work, and then peaced out of the classroom. We both waited in the hallway as we heard the confused "nigggaaaas..." inside. They got dressed, and then walked out the door. Where we were waiting telling them that we were just kidding.

They were confused, but one quick explanation of April Fools Day later, class resumed.

Now that I think about it... that was a damn mean thing to do. We just raised and quickly crushed their little hopes of having class and school-free time. Oh so precious freedom was in sight, and then snatched away by the big bad teachers with an evil sense of humor.

But I mean... it was kind of funny, and they got over it anyway. Not like they'd know what to do with the time anyways.

Yes, that was meant to be sad and tragic right there.

Happy April 1st.

- Shawn

3 comments:

Serena said...

That's a horrible April Fools joke! But not as bad as when my teacher freshmen year told us he was leaving because our misbehaving made him have a stroke.

Shawn said...

HAHAHA! That's great! I doubt my kids have the necessary vocabulary for that though. I gotta work with what I got.

Serena said...

That's horrible. He made a bunch of people cry. You don't want to make your kids cry.