Friday, April 27, 2007

The Picture Perfect Plan



The picture above is of the outside of Future 2, the school that we work at. But if you look really closely, you may see something veeeeeerrry interesting. No? Too small? Maybe if we get a better cropped in look...



Yes ladies and gentlemen, after weeks of talk and empty promises, the latest and greatest gimmick in a long line of promotional plans has been unveiled. If you remember a few posts ago, I discussed the school's need/desire to let everyone know that they have real live foreigners in their employ. There are a lot of ESL schools in Dalian, but few have honest to god westerners. The ones that do flaunt it at every turn. Although I think our particular school may do it the most.

Not that I'm complaining. It's kind of cool to have your giant face in a window that can be seen by millions of people every day. Millions? Forget that, we're in China... BILLIONS! Of course, they need to look up first. But hey, it's a start. Maybe there'll be a bus campaign next.



The view from indoors is just as funny. Especially since my picture isn't even in the teachers room that I'm in. Corey and all the other teachers (foreign and Chinese) get to stare at my mug for the rest of forever.

But at least I block out the sun.

I don't know what I'm going to do with my newfound fame, but stay tuned to the blog for any and all further developments.

(Oh, and big ups to Corey for redoing the work of the "professional photographer". The guy they hired wouldn't even let me take a picture in my super contemplative pose. I mean... come on! I'm a teacher here. I'm supposed to think and stuff!)

And yes, this whole thing is giving me a huge ego boost. But why not? There is a giant picture of me up in China now.


- Shawn

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just LOVE that you have a shirt with your face on it and your name. Its like a lost kid tag or something...

Marty Abraham said...

You would look great at Dalian bus stops...You can be the "Pip the Piper" for the school...

Serena said...

That is great! And you did the picture of you with your shirt in front of the poster of you!